|Melon and ginger smoothie as served at Casa Rosada|
The key word with smoothies is Versatile: you can blend your favorite fruit with any of the following:
Milk, sorbet or yoghurt for a calcium rich drink.
Ginger: fresh and clean tasting, ginger is also helpful in boosting digestion, easing nausea or fighting off a cold.
Lime: if you want to add a fresh, sharp-tasting edge to any fruit concoction.
Yoghurt or bananas: Either of these ingredients will give your smoothie a thick and creamy consistency.
Freshly squeezed orange juice: loads of vitamin C and a good way to thin out a smoothie.
Melon and ginger smoothie( regular kick)
- 1 cup chopped honeydew melon
- 1/3 cup chopped peeled kiwi, (1 large)
- 1/2 ripe banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup white grape juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger syrup *
- 2 teaspoons lime juice Place ingredients in the order listed in a blender. Pulse three times to chop the fruit, then blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
200g Galia or cantaloupe melon
250g Greek Style Yoghurt
1 tablespoon honey
Juice of 1 lime
50ml apple juice
heaped teaspoon of ground ginger
Place ingredients in the order listed in a blender. Pulse three times to chop the fruit, then blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
* Bottled ginger syrup is available in most health-food stores and gourmet supermarkets