|Pinchitos morunos and a glass of Pedro Ximenez|
- 500g lean pork fillets, lean lamb fillets or skinless chicken breasts
- 8 pre-soaked wooden skewers, about 15cm long, OR
- 4 metal skewers, about 25cm long
- Cut your choice of meat,chicken lamb or pork into cubes about 1" in size. Flatten them slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Place the meat in a large bowl and add the dried spices, garlic & salt, saffron infused water, oregano, bay leaf and vinegar - mix thoroughly.
- Add the olive oil - mix again thoroughly, cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for between 2 & 12 hours, so the flavours mingle and marinade into the meat.
- Light the barbecue about half an hour before cooking and allow the charcoal or wood to flare and then glow.
- If cooking inside, turn the grill up to high, or use a smoking hot griddle or griddle pan.
- Thread the meat on to the skewers.
- Grill for about 5 minutes on each side, or until the outside is charred and the inside is still juicy but cooked. (NOT pink for pork and chicken - but pink for lamb).
- Season well with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped flat leaf parsley or fresh coriander (Cilantro), serve with a selection of salads, flat breads, pickles and of course a glass of sherry or Tempranillo.