Still life with still lemonade





I need a refreshing drink on hand in this weather so today I have bottled some home made
lemonade. This is a recipe handed down to me by my dear mother. The only thing I have changed is the sugar content. My mother was hooked on war time rations and economy so used saccharin tablets. I have converted this to sugar, but left her original version in brackets for you to see.

Mum´s home made lemonade


( Makes 1.75 litres ) 3 pints

6 Large Lemons
150g ( 5oz ) granulated sugar ( 30mg saccharin 2x 15mg tablets )

Thinly pare the outer zest of 3 of the lemons
Using a zester or potato peeler.

Make sure you have no white pith as this will
make the lemonade taste bitter.

Put the zest in a large bowl and add the squeezed juice
Of all the lemons and the sugar.
Pour in 1.5 litres of boiling water ( I use bottled )
Stir well, cover and leave overnight in a cool place.

Next day stir again then strain through a sieve.
Pour into bottles and chill thoroughly

Pull up a sun lounger in the shade of the garden, and nod off on your Dick Francis

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts